[U-Boot] [U-Boot-Users] Freescale MPC8349EMDS BCSR corruption

David Hawkins dwh at ovro.caltech.edu
Wed Oct 8 05:50:36 CEST 2008

Hi Dave and Kim,

Freescale support got back to me regarding the BCSR
corruption error. They determined there was a bug in
the v1.2 BCSR code, and now have a v1.3.

For anyone else with an MDS board, if you want to
update your BCSR, submit a SR to Freescale and
ask for the v1.3 EEPROM file, or ask me and I'll send
the file.

I didn't have any Xilinx FPGA boards, so didn't have
any programming cables. So I programmed an Altera
FPGA board to act as a Xilinx Parallel Cable III
(the web has the schematic), and downloaded the old
version of the Xilinx ISE 9.2i tools, since they has
support for that cable. I used the iMPACT tool to
detect the devices in the JTAG chain (EEPROM and
Spartan) and then used it to program the EEPROM.

The BCSR version register reads back as v1.3.

The erroneous over-write of the BCSR[0] register
no longer occurs.

Cheers,
Dave