[U-Boot] Run hello world with Uboot !

Mathieu Dube mathieu at mobilefusioninc.com
Wed Oct 8 15:32:28 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> Dear "Mathieu Dube",
>
> please keep the ML on Cc: !

sorry about that.

> > if I nm(with the correct toolchain) the executable
> >
> > it gives me 0c100000 T hello_world
> >
> > so I go 0x8c100000
> >
> > still crashes.
>
> HM. I'm not really surprised. For me, 0x8c100000 is not the same as
> 0x0c100000. For me, that makes a difference of 2 GB.

quite right.

I did :

tftp 0x80000000 /tftpboot/hello_world.bin

since the entry point is 0x0c100000

shouldnt I go from 0x80000000 + 0x0c100000? which is 0x8c100000 ?

am I wrong in using 0x80000000 which is the start address of the SDRAM
according to the board's documentation?

0x00000000 to 0x1fffc000 is unused and if I tftp 0x00000000 it doesnt work.

> > is there another way to find the exact entry point?
>
> "nm" is a good way.

thanks. I used that.

-M
--
Mathieu Dube
Software Engineer
Email: mathieu at mobilefusioninc.com
This communication (including any attachments) is for the use of the
intended recipient(s) only and may contain information that is confidential,
privileged or otherwise legally protected. Any unauthorized use or
dissemination of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by return
e-mail message and delete all copies of the original communication. Thank
you for your cooperation.