[U-Boot] Run hello world with Uboot !

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Oct 8 16:39:58 CEST 2008

Dear Mathieu,

In message <c5ee099c0810080632v1166ce61h5ed213512760c97 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I did :
>
> tftp 0x80000000 /tftpboot/hello_world.bin
>
> since the entry point is 0x0c100000
>
> shouldnt I go from 0x80000000 + 0x0c100000? which is 0x8c100000 ?

No, of course not. The entry point is an  absolute  address,  not  an
offset.  This  is  not  completely  poistion-independent  code, it is
linked for one specific absolute address.

> am I wrong in using 0x80000000 which is the start address of the SDRAM
> according to the board's documentation?

You are wrong when linking the application to an absolute address
where you cannot execute it because it is not in RAM.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Human beings were created by water to transport it uphill.