[U-Boot] Help building AT91 u-boot with Buildroot tools

Otto Caldwell otto at arlut.utexas.edu
Wed Oct 8 17:13:04 CEST 2008

Hello,
I'm new to this list, so please let me know if this is not the correct
list to post this...

I am porting Linux to an Atmel at91rm9200-EK board.  I've built the
cross-compile tool chain using Buildroot, choosing the armeb (arm
embedded) option during the build.

I downloaded the AT91 custodian branch of u-boot from
http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-at91.git;a=summary
When I attempt to compile, I get following type of errors:
armeb-linux-ld: failed to merge target specific data of file
lib_arm/libarm.a(div0.o)
armeb-linux-ld: drivers/mtd/nand_legacy/libnand_legacy.a(nand_legacy.o):
compiled for a big endian system and target is little endian

It finally stops with Error 1.

Any help is much appreciated.

Otto Caldwell