[U-Boot] [patch 1/2] fix USB initialisation procedure

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 9 20:45:21 CEST 2008

Dear Stefan Roese,

In message <200810091659.55186.sr at denx.de> you wrote:

> > > Good catch.
> >
> > Quite honest, I think this is *way* to pedantic. I'd really prefer to
> > let people who are contributing significantly do their work instead of
> > bugging them with such rare coding style violations.
>
> ACK from me here. "Minor" coding style violations like these braces issue or
> too long lines should not delay patches.

NAK, and NAK again from me. Note that it's not only a single small
violation, there is a whole list of it evenin this short code snippet:
- incorrect brace style
- unnecessary indentation
- incorrect multi-line comment style

It is much easier to fix such code when it's being added, than to fix
it later (which may or may not happen). See all the examples that got
commited that way - and that haven't been fixed since.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Experience is what causes a person to make new  mistakes  instead  of
old ones.