[U-Boot] Standalone application after powerup

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 10 11:35:06 CEST 2008

Dear "Nagesh.ML",

In message <19914708.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> What could be the possible solution to include the standalone application in
> my board powerup sequence?

This depends on where you want to include it. I think it  is  obvious
that   SA   applications  require  a  substantial  amount  of  U-Boot
infrastructure to be running. By design,  they  are  intended  to  be
called  only  when any other interactive command can be exectuted. If
you know exactly what you are  doing,  you  may  run  them  a  little
earlier, but probbaly not much.

Me recommendation is: if you want to run SA applications  early,  you
can do this from the "preboot" hook. Any earlier point may or may not
work,  and  especially there is no guarantee that this will not break
in any future versions of U-Boot.

Keep in mind what SA applications are used for - especailly, they are
NOT intended to sneak in propriatary  initialization  code  in  early
boot  stages,  and this is about the only reason I can imagine to use
them in that early.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
HR Manager to job candidate "I see you've had no  computer  training.
Although  that  qualifies  you  for upper management, it means you're
under-qualified for our entry level positions."