[U-Boot] resetting environment to default

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Oct 11 00:12:29 CEST 2008

Dear Kumar,

In message <B6C754A4-7D83-48DC-89A7-5B649F919EA0 at kernel.crashing.org> you wrote:
> In some discussions we were talking about the nicety of having a
> command to reset the environment back to defaults.  The reason for
> having a command is to deal with know exactly where the environment is
> stored in various non-volatile memories.
>
> Is this something we think would be acceptable -- a 'resetenv' command?

Sure - IIRC we actually had a pretty detailed plan what it should look
like (including the name and arguments), but just didn;t find a
volunteer to implement it.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Children begin by loving their parents. After a time they judge them.
Rarely, if ever, do they forgive them.                  - Oscar Wilde