[U-Boot] Automatic software updates in U-Boot -- version 2

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Oct 14 00:57:48 CEST 2008

Dear Bartek,

in message <1222867592-58285-1-git-send-email-tur at semihalf.com> you wrote:

> This is the second version of the patch series adding support for automatic
> software updates from a TFTP server. V2 adds millisecond granularity of the
> TFTP timeouts and addresses comments posted to the ML for the first version.
>
> First three patches make some general changes required by the new feature,
> first one in the Flash subsystem, second and third in the networking code.
> Then follows a minor clean-up, with the feature proper in fifth patch. Last
> patch provides minor enhancements to the iminfo output that can become handy
> when using the new feature.
>
> Please see newly added doc/README.update for more details.
>
> Code has been compile-tested on several ppc, arm and mips targets. The feature
> itself has been tested on TQM8555 and MPC8555CDS and trab boards.

All patches have been checked in into the "next" branch of the U-Boot
repository. Can you please check if everything is correct in place and
working as expected?

Thanks in advance.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Certain old men prefer to rise at dawn, taking a cold bath and a long
walk with an empty stomach and otherwise mortifying the  flesh.  They
then point with pride to these practices as the cause of their sturdy
health  and ripe years; the truth being that they are hearty and old,
not because of their habits, but in spite of them. The reason we find
only robust persons doing this thing is that it has  killed  all  the
others who have tried it.  - Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"