[U-Boot] non-needed objects added to resulting U-Boot image

Roman Mashak romez777 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 14:30:51 CEST 2008

Hello

I was building u-boot for ARM based custom board and I found that
unused and no needed object files are built and linked to the
resulting U-Boot image. For example, my board doesn't have PCI,
PCMCIA, USB or Ethernet, but according to the build-log, corresponding
archives have been built and linked:

drivers/net/libnet.a
drivers/net/sk98lin/libsk98lin.a
drivers/pci/libpci.a
drivers/pcmcia/libpcmcia.a

and so on.

Don't think it is intended behavior, on the other hand I have not
included any support for this modules in my configuration. What can be
the reason, has anybody had this before?

Thanks.

--
Roman Mashak