[U-Boot] fsl_elbc_nand.c and nand_boot_fsl_elbc.c for large page devices

Ron Madrid ron_madrid at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 14 22:24:09 CEST 2008

So I have a few quick questions/observations.

1.  I don't see anywhere that the AL (address length, or number of address cycles) can be set to anything other than 2.  It appears to be hard coded in both files.

2.  nand_boot_fsl_elbc.c uses ECCM = 1 for large page devices, but I don't see a place where fsl_elbc_nand.c sets ECCM to 1 for similar devices.  The result, I believe, is that if I try to write a new u-boot into the large page flash device it will be written with ECCM = 0.  When I try to reset the board it will be read with ECCM = 1 (inside of nand_boot_fsl_elbc.c) resulting in an ecc error in the LTESR.

I would be more than happy to help make these changes (if necessary) but I don't know if there is already a fix in the works, or if perhaps I am wrong in these two assumptions.

Ron