[U-Boot] GPIO configuration on 460EX

Felix Radensky felix at embedded-sol.com
Thu Oct 16 11:10:13 CEST 2008

Hi, Stefan

Stefan Roese wrote:
> Hi Felix,
>
> On Thursday 16 October 2008, Felix Radensky wrote:
>
>> I'm looking at GPIO setup code for Canyonlands, and
>> it looks like some initializations mentioned in the 460EX
>> manual are missing. When pin is configured as alternate
>> input, the corresponding bits in TSRL/H registers should
>> be set. U-Boot code sets TSRL/H registers only for output
>> pins.
>>
>> Am I missing something ?
>>

> Looking again at the users manual I can't find that the TSR register should be
> set for input functionality. Take a look at figure 35-1. Here you will see
> that TSR is only involved for output functionality.

I was looking at section 35.5.3 and Table 35-9 in user manual (Version 1.14)
TSR is involved in both input and output functionality. This indeed
contradicts
the description you were referring to. Maybe AMCC guys reading this list can
clarify ?
> I assume that you are asking because of your Linux IRQ problem with the
> external interrupt, correct? I'll take a look at the Linux thread and try to
> give another answer there.

Thanks a lot. Your suggestion in this thread indeed helped. I was using
wrong IRQ number in device tree.
> And feel free to test with TSR configured for input as well. If this gets your
> interrupt working then this we need to change this GPIO config code of
> course.

I've tried that, but it didn't help.

Thanks a lot for you help.

Felix.