[U-Boot] Incorrect Chip ID for Micrel Nand Flash on AT91SAM9260 board

Kevin Greer greerk at msn.com
Fri Oct 17 11:49:06 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am working with a custom board based on the Atmel at91sam9260 arm
processor with a Micrel 2 Gb Nand flash chip (mt29f2g08aadwp).  However,
when u-boot starts it reports the wrong Chip ID (0x01 instead of 0xda) and
then I start getting Bad eraseblock messages during the rest of the boot
process.  The strange thing is that when I debug the board using a JTAG it
gets the correct Chip ID and boots properly.  I am hoping that someone else
might have run into a similar problem, or might have an idea of how to
proceed.

Thanks,
   Kevin