[U-Boot] CFI Driver Problem: flash not ready

Scott McNutt smcnutt at psyent.com
Sun Oct 19 23:59:02 CEST 2008

Hi Wolfgang,

> Why the heck does flash_is_busy() return 0 when the flashobviously is
> still busy?

Does this use the toggle bit detection? I saw the same symptoms
with Nios II. Basically, the memory controller was reading the
16-bit flash twice to obtain a full 32-bit word, then returning just
the first 16-bits. So, I would never see the toggle bit changing.

Not sure if this is similar to your situation ... but it was a real
pain-in-the-butt to finally understand what was happening in my
situation.

Regards,
--Scott