[U-Boot] FDT include file problems

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 20 12:51:31 CEST 2008

Dear Jerry Van Baren,

In message <48FC5AB3.10302 at gmail.com> you wrote:

> ...and if I were not rushing so much, I would have found that myself
> instead of looking stupid.  :-(
>
> Google hasn't been very helpful for answering the question of how to
> handle endian issues in userland (non-kernel) code.  Hmmm.  Grrr.  Maybe
> I'm not asking it the right question.

Well, I have to admit that you did not perform better,  because  I've
been  searching  before,  and  I  didn't  find a good solution myself
either. Normally, I use the network macros for such stuff, but  these
don't have any 64 bit conversions...

> Maybe we need to make our own copy of linux/byteorder/swab.h in u-boot?
>   That doesn't seem right.

No, that would not be right.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Real programmers can write assembly code in any language.   :-)
                      - Larry Wall in  <8571 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>