[U-Boot] Hangs at relocation on 460EX Target

Ayman M. El-Khashab ayman at elkhashab.com
Tue Oct 21 18:20:34 CEST 2008

Thank you Stefan,

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 05:54:21PM +0200, Stefan Roese wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 October 2008, Ayman M. El-Khashab wrote:
> > it is stuck inside the relocation or immediately after it branches
> > to the code in RAM.
>
> I suggest that you enable DEBUG in lib_ppc/board.c (define DEBUG before the
> #includes). This will show you a little more.

I should have mentioned that we have DEBUG enabled and we've also
run the RAM test that is included in u-boot.  The ram test does pass.

> But you may be correct that U-Boot hangs/crashes upon relocation. This is most
> likely a problem with the DDR2 configuration. You might have noticed the
> latest autocalibration changes for the 4xx DDR2 controller. It's worth to
> give these new methods a try.

I am not familiar with those, I thought that once the SDRAM is operating
you cannot alter those calibration and timing/delay registers.  Is this
calibration something that is enabled in u-boot or just via the register
accesses to the memory controller?

Thanks
Ayman