[U-Boot] Problems erasing (and writing) to flash

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 23 12:32:53 CEST 2008

Dear Francesco,

In message <E5FBCC61D01CE84DB7B372ABCDF45CE7873499 at FBCMST09V02.fbc.local> you wrote:

> I'm facing problems when I try to erase flash memory on my embedded
> board (it's a custom Mainstone board, based on PXA270 ).
> I'm using u-boot 1.1.4 (since it is the only version with patch for
> Mainstone),

You are using a very old software version  with  unknown  out-of-tree
patches  and  probably  additional  (unknown to us) modifications for
your custom (unknown to us) board.

This is not a good base to halp you.

Since 1.1.4, *many* changes have gone into the CFI flash driver (and
into many other areas, too).

You may want to port a more recent version of U-Boot to your hardware.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Is not that the nature of men and women -- that the  pleasure  is  in
the learning of each other?
	-- Natira, the High Priestess of Yonada, "For the World is
	   Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky", stardate 5476.3.