[U-Boot] U-boot 1.3.3: Error: start address not on sector boundary

Liew Tsi Chung Tsi-chung.Liew at freescale.com
Thu Oct 23 18:11:27 CEST 2008

James,

Please do not use CFG_BOOTSZ for flash size.

Since you have two 32MB flash chips tie to one chip select to use as one
for 32-bit access (addr&data). The sectors listing will become 64KB,
64KB, 64KB, 64KB, 256KB... from 32KB, 32KB, 32KB, 32KB, 128KB... (one
upper 16-bit data for flash 1 and one lower 16-bit data for flash 2)
Based on your information provided, your environment data is assigned to
first sector at offset 0x2000. Your environment data has to assigned to
one of the 64KB sector, last 64KB sector will be the perfect choice.

U-boot 1.3.3:
#define CFG_ENV_OFFSET		0x30000	/* must be sector aligned */
#define CFG_ENV_SIZE		0x2000
#define CFG_ENV_SECTOR_SIZE	0x10000

U-boot v2008.10:
#define CONFIG_ENV_OFFSET		0x30000
#define CONFIG_ENV_SIZE			0x2000
#define CONFIG_ENV_SECTOR_SIZE	0x10000

> I'm confused. Are you saying I need to apply these 19 patches to
address the problem I'm having?
The 19 patches are for next u-boot release.

Regards,
TsiChung