[U-Boot] Splash Screen

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 23 21:14:26 CEST 2008

Dear Alexander,

In message <FCELKENEBBOLLHKPHCCBCEFPCFAA.a.schmid at systeme-steuerungen.de> you wrote:

> i have U-Boot running on MPC5200B! The U-Boot console output is on display!
> Now i activated the splash sreen support, and it works!

That's how itiis supposed to be :-)

> But now I`m wondering, if I have a problem and have to do something in the
> U-Boot console if I get there!

You, of course you do. It just depends on how you set your I/O
channels (stdin, stdout and stderr).

> Because when i press a key (between the 3 seconds of autostart) the splash
> screen picture stays there, and I don`t see any console output!

Try typing (blind):

	setenv stdout lcd

(followed by ENTER). What happens?

> Has anyone an idea how I can solve that? I thaught about e.g. pressing ESC
> and then I`m on U-Boot console or so?

You have to assign the I/O channels to the devices you want to use,
that's all.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Of course there's no reason for it, it's just our policy.