[U-Boot] Splash Screen

Schmid Alexander a.schmid at systeme-steuerungen.de
Fri Oct 24 11:42:25 CEST 2008

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Anatolij Gustschin [mailto:agust at denx.de]
Gesendet: Freitag, 24. Oktober 2008 11:21
An: a.schmid at systeme-steuerungen.de
Cc: Wolfgang Denk; u-boot at lists.denx.de
Betreff: Re: [U-Boot] Splash Screen

Hello,

Schmid Alexander wrote:

>> splash
>>
>>> Try typing (blind):
>>>

>>> 	setenv stdout lcd
>>>
>>> (followed by ENTER). What happens?
>>
>> When I type blind, the U-Boot acts normally( e.g reset or run
bcmd_flash).
>> But nothing happens if I do a"setenv stdout lcd".
>> What could the reason be?

>Maybe you should use "vga" instead of "lcd". Try:

>	setenv stdout vga

OK thank you. It works. I played with the variables a time ago, and thought
today, the whole morning, sdtout lcd sounds a little bit strange. But
unfortunately "vga" was not in my head!
Do you know were I could place the setenv stdout vga, that it will be
automatically loaded when the 3 seconds autostart get interrupted from a
key?

Thanks very much.

Best regards,
Anatolij