[U-Boot] [Announce][RFC] CFG_ macro renaming

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Sep 14 00:54:21 CEST 2008

Dear Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD,

In message <20080913214155.GA32194 at game.jcrosoft.org> you wrote:

> > Can you create a "deprecated_cfg.h" file that contains directives like:
> >
> > #ifdef CFG_OLD_PARAMATER
> > #error "CFG_OLD_PARAMETER renamed! Use CONIFIG_NEW_PARAMETER instead!"
> > #endif
> >
> > for each CFG_* renamed directive?

I think this is a good idea.

> > This should avoid to "lost" some configuration parameters during this
> > transitory.phase. this file should be included by common.h for example.
> IMHO, I do not think it's needed due to there is no "lost" possible with this kind of script
>
> git-grep CFG_ | cut -d: -f1 | grep -v -e "CHANGELOG*" | xargs sed -i -e "s:CFG_:CONFIG_SYS_:g"

It may not be needed for code in mainline, but it  is  a  simple  and
efficient  way  to  catch mistakes when someone submits new code that
has been smoldering for some while in some private repository.

It protects against errors, and it doesn't hurt...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A wise person makes his  own  decisions,  a  weak  one  obeys  public
opinion.                                           -- Chinese proverb