[U-Boot] mpc83xx U-boot questions

Yuke Tian ytian at bnl.gov
Fri Sep 26 18:22:05 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I am new to U-boot. I have a mpc8313erdb board that already has U-boot
burned in flash. When the board reset, I get into U-boot (with U-boot
prompt =>).  My questions is: my gcc compiler produce a .exe file, can I
just tftp this file to an address and run it (go) ? Or I need to convert
it to some format (use mkimage) to run it ?

Does the load address and entry address matters ?  Does anyone happen to
know what is the correct load address for this board ?  One more
question, where do I get the mkimage for this board ?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Yuke Tian
Brookhaven National Lab
Upton, NY 11790