[U-Boot] U-boot initialization test

eija_flight ajie.dirgantara at flightfocus.net
Thu Apr 2 10:37:22 CEST 2009

>Dear eija_flight,

>In message <22840615.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:
>
> During above initialization process of u-boot,
>
> 1. Does it conduct a test to all board hardware listed?

>No. In general, there is no testing performed. Minor exceptions from
>this rule exist, for example the RAM auto-sizing code also performas a
>minimal non-destructive memory test, but this is not strong enough to
>be called serious testing.

>If you need real Power-On Self Tests (POST), then you must enable
>POST in your board configuration and configure it according to your
>needs.

> 2. If above answer is yes, what method is used to do the test?

>If you need such tests, then use the code in post/, see doc/README.POST

I've read through the README.post, and I can see that there's many
implemented test feature built in U-boot. I find it very useful.

Using U-boot 1.3.1 version,  It is possible (as a user) to apply all of
these test feature into a standalone applications?
because I need to log the result using standalone app.

Regards,
Eija_flight