[U-Boot] Uboot on Realview_pb11MPcore, Using Mpcore onchip timer, access onchip private memory region.

Zheng.Wang at infineon.com Zheng.Wang at infineon.com
Wed Apr 8 13:25:39 CEST 2009

Hello Dear,

I am porting Uboot to our platform which is similiar to Realview_pb11MPcore, with the difference in Timer : Using the ARM11 MPcore onchip timer instead of offchip SP804 Timer.  As a result, i have to access the MPCore private memory region.

According to the ARM11MPcore Technical Reference Manual,  I can access the private memory region by using pins PERIPHBASE[18:0], which is 19 bits. I shift the PERIPHBASE 13 bits to the right then plus the 13 bits offset for the Onchip timer, use this address to modify the CONFIG_SYS_TIMERBASE macro in realview_pb.h.

But when I initialize the Uboot, it just halted with nothing in the console.( If I dont use such addresses, the system wont halt but come to the stand that timer cannot downcount: Hit any key to stop autoboot:  2 )

Is there anyone know if it is the right way to access MPCore private memory region?

BR,

George