[U-Boot] Question about M29W128G CFI QRY bug

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Wed Apr 15 16:30:01 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 15 April 2009, Richard Retanubun wrote:
> > And do you need an Intel reset command on your board? Is there an option
> > for Intel command style FLASH chips?
>
> Maybe I am young and naive, but I am hoping to give the HW guys flexibility
> in choosing the command sets for their flash.

I have to admit that I've never seen such a board, but hey, it should be
possible.

> > I don't like both versions. We should implement something which doesn't
> > change the current behavior probably needed on some other boards. So how
> > about something like this:
>
> I took your proposal and tried to implement it, hit a snag with
> flash_write_cmd currently being a private function of cfi-flash.c
> so, here is my 'counter-offer' pasted at the end of the message.

Thanks. Looks good. I'll take it and prepare a proper patch.

> By the way, since either reversing the reset order (option 1)
> or adding another AMD_RESET_CMD (option 2) still have to be implemented
> in our board specific flash_rst_command anyway, any recommendations of
> which approach is less likely to break other flashes?

I really have no idea. That's the main reason why I don't want this to be the
default implementation. The current version is tested on many boards. And
changing it could generate problems on some of them.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de