[U-Boot] UBOOT relocation question on Atmel arm926ejs

Steven Zedeck saz at proliphix.com
Tue Apr 21 22:19:52 CEST 2009

Hi,
I am having a hard time understanding how the uboot relocation from flash to
RAM happens. I'm trying to follow the code flow. I "think" I understand it,
but wanted to run it by you experts to confirm.

The flow starts in cpu/arm926ejs/start.s. In the reset function, after
cpu_init_crit, u_boot is relocated to RAM. At the end of the reset function,
we jump to start_armboot which is in lib_arm/board.c. At this point, we are
already executing out or RAM. Do I have it correct?

The reason I'm confused is that in start_armboot we call several functions
via an init_sequence table with functions with names that end in "_f"
(meaning in flash).

Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance,
Steve