[U-Boot] Enabling smc911x driver

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.de
Thu Apr 23 08:43:03 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 09:20:15PM -0700, Steve Sakoman wrote:
> Files longer that 544 bytes result in a timeout error:
>
> Overo # tftp test.txt
> smc911x: initializing
> smc911x: detected LAN9221 controller
> smc911x: phy initialized
> smc911x: MAC aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff
> TFTP from server 192.168.0.210; our IP address is 192.168.0.223
> Filename 'test.txt'.
> Load address: 0x82000000
> Retry count exceeded; starting again
>
> Any ideas what might be going wrong here?

Hmm. I had a similar issue a while ago and the reason was that on PXA3xx
CPUs, the timer register behaved differently than on PXA2xxs and that
was never tested. In fact, it was counting magnitudes faster there which
made the network code bail out way to early. This was fixed for the
platform I'm working with, but maybe you got a similar problem.

Other than that, there might be something weird with your network. I'd
suggest running wireshark on some host on that LAN and have a close look
on the packets.

Daniel