[U-Boot] PXA unified lowlevel_init.S ?

Daniel Stenberg daniel at haxx.se
Wed Apr 29 23:53:51 CEST 2009

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:

>> Since there was no feedback on this, I investigated a little further and I
>> noticed that several existing ARM cores already do it this way (arm926ejs,
>> arm926ejs, arm920t, etc) so I think there's then a nice prejudice to continue
>> on this path.

> yes that's the correct idea
>
> I've some old patch that start to do it if you are interrested to continue
> on it

If you post it (or point me to where I can find it) I can at least get a grip
of what you're suggesting and then see what I can do.

My actual plan is to help get the colibri-pxa270 stuff merged in, but it seems
we should fix some duplication first to make way for that.

>> But only one of these are PXA270 based, and I'm not fluent enough in the PXA
>> world to tell how much that can be re-used between PXA models or similar.

> for the pxa2xx I can help you, for the pxa3xx I've no board

I'll very soon not have any PXA board at all... :-) I was mostly (at this
point) thinking about the knowledge about how they differ and similar. I mean,
does it make sense to try to make a single lowlevel_init.S for all PXAXXX
models or one for each PXA2xx/PXA3xx or do we need PXA25x/PXA27X/PXA3xx etc...

But I guess your initial patch might reveal that to me?

--

  / daniel.haxx.se