[U-Boot] http client?

Robin Getz rgetz at blackfin.uclinux.org
Tue Aug 11 20:14:39 CEST 2009

On Wed 22 Jul 2009 10:04, jeffery palmer pondered:
> We are looking for an http client now as well. Our major issue
> revolves around the download times for tftp.
>
> Can Volkmar Uhlig kindly provide the patches?
>
> Our units automically update themselves inside of uboot giving us the
> most control over our firmware. The issue is that it takes 20 minutes
> via a DSL line in Africa to update our units. An http test showed that
> the same firmware downloads in 30 seconds. We have also added things
> like the blksize parameter to the uboot tftp client to get it down to
> 20 minutes, our original download times were ~50 minutes.

Jeff:

Can you look at the recent changes to the net/next tree/branch?

On a slow connection -- I saw things go from 15:28 download (tftpblocksize ==
1468) to 1:47 (tftpblocksize == 16268) - more than a 8x difference.

Even if you look at the your stated time of 50min - that should drop it to a
more reasonable ~6ish....