[U-Boot] "raise" not defined, when compiler uses its own div0

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Tue Aug 11 23:48:20 CEST 2009

Wolfgang Denk skrev:
> Dear Ulf Samuelsson,
>
> In message <4A810DBC.50805 at atmel.com> you wrote:
>> When trying to build U-Boot under Buildroot and OpenEmbedded,
>
> These probably count to the tool chains with "broken" ARM cross
> compilers.

Maybe,
Buildroot is even more broken, if you try to use an external toolchain
and I would be surprised if openembedded is better.
In the end, noone wants to mess around with one compiler per application
so it is better if a small fix to u-boot can be applied.

>> When linking u-boot the linker seems to use the div0 from
>> the C compiler libgcc instead of the u-boot div0.
>
> Try setting USE_PRIVATE_LIBGCC=yes in your envrionment, like
>
> 	USE_PRIVATE_LIBGCC=yes make ...

I have done two fixes to make it build with openembedded.
1) Define "raise" in libarm/board.c which calls hang.
2) Changes mapi to "-mapi=aapcs-linux" in cpu/arm926ej-s/config.mk
   Some toolchains want to keep apcs-gnu I guess.

> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

BR
Ulf Samuelsson