[U-Boot] Breakage on arm/next

apgmoorthy moorthy.apg at samsung.com
Mon Dec 7 13:13:13 CET 2009

Hi Scott,

> Are they going to be the same on all boards?  We let the
> board determine the environment location for other types of storage.

OK

> How about just using CONFIG_ENV_ADDR/CONFIG_ENV_SIZE?  On
> boards that must dynamically support multiple possibilities,
> define it as an expression that returns the right thing.

If the macros are not favoured to get consensus , let the code
use CONFIG_ENV_ADDR/CONFIG_ENV_SIZE and incase of Flex-OneNAND
increase it by one more fold.

something Like

Hunk 1:
           env_addr = CONFIG_ENV_ADDR;
   +       if (FLEXONENAND(this))
   +               env_addr <<= 1;

Hunk 2:
+       if (FLEXONENAND(this)) {
+               env_addr <<= 1;
+               instr.len <<= onenand_mtd.eraseregions[0].numblocks == 1 ?
+                               2 : 1;
+       }

This should not break any other Board with OneNAND support. Please comment.
(Somehow I still feel Macros can be Cleaner way.)

With Regards
  Moorthy