[U-Boot] Kernel Uncompressing failed under Uboot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Feb 5 14:45:10 CET 2009

Dear Gurumurthy Gowdar,

In message <adaf92990902050501u6de38d31m5b7ec8ada78c22eb at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> i have created a image using mkimage tool which gives boardname.img, later
> using tftpboot i am downloading ..when i use bootm command am getting the
> following error message.
>
> CRC ...OK
> Uncompressing kernel image .......Error bad gzipped data

Please always provide a complete log with ALL commands you type and
ALL output. With such a tiny snippet we can only guess.

> if anybody got same error or sort out this problem ..do reply with the
> solution

He. Do reply with $$$ first !

> please let me know the solution for this.

See http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/LinuxUncompressingError

Note that you are supposed to read the FAQ before posting.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
You could end up being oddly sad and full of a strange, diffuse  com-
passion  which would lead you to believe that it might be a good idea
to wipe out the whole human race and start again with amoebas.
                                 - Terry Pratchett, _Guards! Guards!_