[U-Boot] u-boot Ethernet connection timeout with a Ethernet Switch (target board MPC8548)

Qingyu Song qingyu.song at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 21:17:07 CET 2009

Hello,

I am new to the U-Boot. Currently I am porting a the U-Boot 2008.10 to our
customized MPC8548 board. I can boot up the board with the U-Boot now. And
if I use the direct connection to the host computer, there is no problem to
tftp or bootp file from the host.

In order to keep the host connection during the target reboot. I made the
connection through a Gigabyte Ethernet switch. And the target can not reach
the host through the switch. I tried to Debug this problem by define the
ET_DEBUG to printout some information. And also add some extra printf
statement in the tftpsend function in the tftp.c file. after that I can tftp
file from my tftpboot. I can not really finish the file transfer because of
tons of information comeout from the console and slow down the process.

Does any one have any idea about what happened in my case? Thanks alot!

Qingyu Song