[U-Boot] Question: how to implement post_word_store and post_word_load on MPC 8547/8548

Roman romandi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 22:21:40 CET 2009

Hello all,

I am looking for a way to implement the U-Boot persistent POST word
storage on MPC 8547/8548 CPUs.

I noticed void post_word_store (ulong a) and ulong post_word_load (void)
are already implemented for 85xx CPUs with CPM2 support (ex. 8560) by
"stealing a long at the end of SCC1", but unfortunately this does not
seem to be a viable solution for 8547/8548 which do not have CPM2.

Loosing or trimming L2 cache area for the purpose of storing one word
that is only used for POST and logbuffer support does not sound as a
very good idea either.

I was wandering if anybody already came across this issue and possibly
has a solution or at least can give a hint on what can be done.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Roman