[U-Boot] How to implement a starting logo

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Feb 15 18:12:21 CET 2009

Dear =?gb2312?B?wO7WvrrG?=,

In message <BLU144-W18E695CD5DA276C42B0048DCB60 at phx.gbl> you wrote:

> I want to display a starting logo on LCD when my board power up, does anyone has done this work on a ARM9 board.
>
> The U-Boot version I using is 1.1.1, the processor is AT91RM9200, and the display controller is SAMSUNG S1D13506.
>
> Can I implement this if I add "SPLSH SCREEN" support according to the U-Boot document "README".

Indeed splash screen is the feature to look for - but probably only
after updating ypur code to a recent version. U-Boot 1.1.1 is
prehistroic and unsupported.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will
find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it  on
the computer.