[U-Boot] Atmel AT91 USB Device Controller Driver

Remy Bohmer linux at bohmer.net
Mon Feb 16 21:02:18 CET 2009

Hello,

>>> I would like to use an USB Console with an AT91SAM9260 microcontroller,
>>> so I've read that the usb device driver and the serial over usb driver
>>> should be enabled:
> In the cdc branch there is the at91udc driver with the CDC-ethernet driver.
> But i need to use the Serial over USB, implemented by the
> drivers/serial/usbtty.c

I read that...

> The usbtty.c use the udc_* api implemented by  usbdcore_mpc8x.c and
> usbdcore_omap1510.c.
> If i want to use the usbtty.c driver i need to porting it to the
> at91udc gadget api implemented by the at91udc driver?

Sorry, but the closest thing to what you need I have at this moment,
is the at91_udc driver in the CDC branch.
You might need to glue it together to the usbtty driver, or you can
look if you could use the Linux serial usb gadget driver and port it
to U-boot, because the cdc branch is actually a port of the Linux
USB-gadget layer to U-boot.

Kind Regards,

Remy