[U-Boot] PCI-E problems on Kilauea board

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Feb 17 15:44:00 CET 2009

On Tuesday 17 February 2009, Felix Radensky wrote:
> >> 2. Another problem is that in bootstrap configuration B (CPU - 333 Mhz,
> >> PLB 166MHz)
> >>     PCI-E cards are not recognized in any slot. This happens with all
> >> u-boot versions I've
> >>     tested. Linux also does not recognize PCI-E cards. Kilauea board
> >> manual says that PCI
> >>     clock is determined by CPLD. Could it be CPLD/FPGA bug ?
> >
> > Is bootstrap option C working?
>
> No, C doesn't work either. The card I'm testing with is Intel Gigabit
> Ethernet adapter (PRO/1000 PT 1x)

Perhaps its only working with the I2C bootstrap settings. Could be that one
(or more) register values are configured via the I2C bootstrap EEPROM
compared to the hardwired bootstrap option. Please check the users manual and
compare the register settings of I2C bootstrap option H to option B or C.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de