[U-Boot] (no subject)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Feb 19 14:48:32 CET 2009

Dear md ks,

In message <53202c40902190530h15e01425l5f40d9aed7754cda at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>     I am omap-3530, u-boot 1.3 version , while switching from u-boot

I guess you are already aware of this, but anyway: U-Boot 1.3 is
awfully old and unsupported. Please make sure to update to recent
code.

> level to kernel level , i am getting flicker on LCD(display)., How to
> remove that flicker.
> I want flicker free booting from (CLEAN boot-up) from u-boot level to Kernel.
> If anybody knows it , please help me.

The feature you are looking for is "shared frame buffer". It has been
implemented for a number of systems, but probably not yet for the
OMAP.

Note that for correct operation support for a shared frame buffer must
be present both in U-Boot *and* in Linux.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Real Programmers always confuse Christmas and Halloween because
OCT 31 == DEC 25 !  - Andrew Rutherford (andrewr at ucs.adelaide.edu.au)