[U-Boot] flow of u-boot

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Thu Feb 19 15:18:28 CET 2009

ABIRAMA SUNDARI wrote:
> hi
>  thanks for your answer. but i am getting you properly.pls tell me the
> things in detail.....(what you meant by _start ).

_start is a label in the source code.  You need to understand what
happens when you release your processor from reset: how and where it
starts executing code.  In terms of u-boot software, the processor will
start executing at the _start label (note that u-boot supports many
different processors, all different in how they start running).

In terms of detail, the detail _is_ the source code and having us retype
it in email isn't useful.

> pls help me ...bcaz i am a fresher for this field...

You will have to read u-boot source and your processor's Reference
Manual, learn, and through that achieve understanding.  It is a zen
thing.  There is no magic shortcut to the zen of understanding.  Sorry.

Best regards,
gvb