[U-Boot] U-boot mainline build fails on MMC

Remy Bohmer linux at bohmer.net
Thu Feb 19 17:15:32 CET 2009

Hello Wolfgang,

>> I know you do not want build failure messages on the list, but this
> You are absolutely right - instead of build failure messages I prefer
> to see patches that fix build failures :-)

Instead of sending patches, I would prefer such patches not hitting
mainline at all...
I think it is the job of the one who breaks things to repair the
damage, but that person sometimes needs to be told that he broke
something, because I assume it is not broken on purpose. That's why I
posted this build log. Do not shoot the messenger...

And if the breakage was small, I would already have made a patch. But
the breakage is that huge here, that I would suggest to revert those
patches, until the committer has solved the bugs he introduced.
(If fixing this takes a long time from now, the tree is no longer
proper bisect-able, therefore reverting could be wiser.)

Kind Regards,

Remy