[U-Boot] Compiling for i386

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 23:47:36 CET 2009

Hi Drasko,

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 9:17 AM, Drasko DRASKOVIC
<drasko.draskovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> can u-boot be copiled for PC (i.e. x86 machine) and run via qemu. I'd like

There is an i386 port which I am actively working on, but I have never
tried to run it in qemu - I wouldn't imaging it would be that hard, but
since I have hardware to run it on, I have not had the need.

> to use it for educational purposes, so I was wondering what would be the
> best way to start it withouth the board.

Does it have to be for the i386 platform? I know there are other ports
which are routinely run under qemu and have supporting documentation to
help which is a big plus on i386

If you need the i386 port and do manage to get it working under qemu, some
documentation on your efforts would be greatly appreciated

> BR,
> Drasko

Cheers,

Graeme