[U-Boot] Compiling for i386

Drasko DRASKOVIC drasko.draskovic at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 00:08:45 CET 2009

Actually, I am interested in ARM platform, but I thought that it would be
the easiest solution to avoid croos-copiling for the moment, and just build
PC version and run it (like someone would run GRUB) in emulator. Than one
would be able to customize commands, debug via GDB connection to qemu, etc.

I took a look at http://thomas.enix.org/Blog-20081002153859-Technologie and
it seems a bit complicated for a start.

What platform would you suggest? Is there any other qemu platform port
except qemu_mips that exist today?
Please, have in mind that I am trying to avoid any use of actual hardware,
but only qemu emulator.

BR,
Drasko