[U-Boot] LDS unification & initcall

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Wed Feb 25 18:39:19 CET 2009

On Wednesday 25 February 2009 01:09:34 Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
> 	I'm working actually to unify the lds of ARM, SH, and some other arch
> 	in order to firstly improve its maintaining and secondly prepare the
> 	field to the introduction of the initcall for in a first time post
> 	relocation.
>
> 	Please all Custodian take a look and please try to help on your own
> 	area

i dont know anything about what you're attempting to do here specifically, but
most Blackfin boards have had their LDS scripts unified because it gets sent
through the preprocessor to pick up board-specific defines (so most every
script is a copy & paste in the boards dir).  if there was support for a
default linker script in cpu/$(CPU)/ which could be overridden in
boards/$(BOARD)/, then i would certainly start using it.

now that i think about it, i bet it could be done already ...
-mike