[U-Boot] SAAT support in U-Boot ppc4xx

renjith kumar renjithkumar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 11:49:43 CET 2009

Hi ,

I have u-boot 1.3.1 installed in a sequoia board with ppc4xxEPx.
The "pci" command lists out normal PCI cards in the prompt. (Bridge,
Multimedia etc.).

But When I use a PCI-SATA card, the s/m gets hangs, most of the time.
Else it will not list out the Device in the "pci" command.

In normal Desktop PC , the BIOS support SATA drives. Is there any option to
support PCI-SATA  card in the u-boot.
The same card is listed as a Mass Storage device in my Desktop PC. when I
enabled SATA in BIOS.
Is there any Workaround to Avoid the Hanging issue.

but One thign I notice is that , the Board is PCi v2.2 Spec and the SATA
card (SIL3114) is PCI v 2.3 Spec.
Will this give any phase difference problem, that gives this instability.
Eventually the linux also can not detect the card (In case Its booted).
Any suggestion is appreciated.

--
Thanks'n Regards,
Renjith.