[U-Boot] U-Boot hangs after uncompressing kernel image on MPC5200B

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Thu Jan 22 15:30:01 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 4:05 AM, Marco Antônio Possamai
<marco.possamai at mail.com> wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> My goal is to succesfully pass a 2.6.26 linux kernel to the MPC5200B
> using the three-argument command bootm.
[...]
> I've built the image using the make ARCH=powerpc zImage command. It
> creates the cuImage.lite5200b along with the lite5200.dts (which I've
> compiled to a lite5200.dtb using the above mentioned dtc).

If you want to use the 3 argument bootm (kerneladdr, rootfsaddr,
dtbaddr) then you need to use the uImage produced by the kernel build,
*not* the cuImage.  The cuImage is a backwards compatible image for
the older 2 argument bootm command.

g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.