[U-Boot] Copyright/License text in cpu/ppc4xx/4xx_pci.c

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 8 21:03:05 CEST 2009

Dear Matthias Fuchs,

In message <200907082024.37153.matthias.fuchs at esd-electronics.com> you wrote:

> Same with me. I cannot understand how maybe-GPL-incompatable
> sources can be part of U-Boot. This file is not the only one.

We are aware of this. See commit 78237df5.

> So does it even play any role when the GPL lines are not contained in some files?

As you just saw yourself: yes, it does play a role. Just by placing a
file with some  incompatible  license  in  a  directory  with  a  GPL
"COPYING"  file  doesn't change the rights you have with the oroginal
code...

> Isn't it enough to have the licence of the whole project mentioned once?

As you see: no.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Calm down, it's *__only* ones and zeroes.