[U-Boot] Pull request: nand flash

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 8 21:51:22 CEST 2009

Dear Scott Wood,

In message <20090707230448.GA31160 at b07421-ec1.am.freescale.net> you wrote:
> The following changes since commit 59869ca72df8bc4e4ffa9dd17cb6673bbe010272:
>   Wolfgang Denk (1):
>         Merge branch 'master' of git://git.denx.de/u-boot-video
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>   git://git.denx.de/u-boot-nand-flash.git master
>
> I fixed the obvious merge conflict (missing #endif) in "davinci_nand:
> cleanup I (minor)", but I'm a little confused since the symbol it refers
> to (CONFIG_SOC_DM6446) doesn't seem to be defined anywhere.  At first I
> thought it had been replaced with CONFIG_SOC_DM644X, but that doesn't
> seem to be the case -- AFAICT, there never was a definition of
> CONFIG_SOC_DM6446 in the tree.  There is one other place in the tree
> that ifdefs based on it, though (cpu/arm926ejs/davinci/cpu.c).
>
> David, any thoughts?  If this is in error, could you send a followup
> patch?
>
> David Brownell (3):
>       davinci_nand: cleanup I (minor)
>       davinci_nand: cleanup II (CONFIG_SYS_DAVINCI_BROKEN_ECC)
>       davinci_nand chipselect/init cleanup
>
> Guennadi Liakhovetski (2):
>       env_nand: remove unused variable.
>       nand_spl: read environment early, when booting from NAND using nand_spl
>
> HeungJun Kim (1):
>       env_onenand: change env_address type from unsigned long to loff_t

I have serious problems with your renaming of the patch subjects. For
exampole, this was submitted as

	MTD: change env_address type from unsigned long to loff_t

My matching of commits against patches submitted on the list is based
on the idea that these get checked in (mostly) unchanged. Please make
my life a bit easier! [I will probably reject the next  pull  request
when there are so many changed subject lines like this time :-( ]

If you don't like the Subject, then please reject the patch and ask
the submitter to fix and repost it.

> Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD (1):
>       mtd: nand: use loff_t for offset

And this was:

	nand_init: use loff_t for offset

> Mike Frysinger (1):
>       mtd: nand: new base driver for memory mapped nand devices
>
> Mingkai Hu (1):
>       fsl_elbc_nand: redirect the pointer of bbt pattern to RAM

This was:

	NAND: redirect the pointer of bbt pattern to RAM

> Sandeep Paulraj (2):
>       ARM DaVinci: Changing ALE Mask Value
>       NAND DaVinci: Update to ALE/CLE Mask values
>
> Scott Wood (1):
>       nand_spl: Fix cmd_ctrl usage in nand_boot.c.
>
> Wolfgang Denk (1):
>       nand/onenand: Fix missing argument checking for "markbad" command
>
> kevin.morfitt at fearnside-systems.co.uk (1):
>       Bug-fix in drivers mtd nand Makefile
>
>  README                                   |    6 +
>  board/bf537-stamp/Makefile               |    1 -
>  board/bf537-stamp/nand.c                 |  100 ----------
>  board/davinci/sonata/sonata.c            |   28 +++
>  common/cmd_nand.c                        |   31 +++-
>  common/cmd_onenand.c                     |   35 +++--
>  common/env_nand.c                        |   51 +++---
>  common/env_onenand.c                     |    2 +-
>  doc/README.nand                          |    9 -
>  drivers/mtd/nand/Makefile                |    3 +-
>  drivers/mtd/nand/davinci_nand.c          |  289 ++++--------------------------
>  drivers/mtd/nand/fsl_elbc_nand.c         |    4 +
>  drivers/mtd/nand/nand_plat.c             |   53 ++++++
>  drivers/mtd/nand/nand_util.c             |   20 +-
>  include/asm-arm/arch-davinci/nand_defs.h |  130 +-------------
>  include/configs/bf537-stamp.h            |   44 ++---
>  include/configs/bfin_adi_common.h        |    3 +
>  include/configs/smdk6400.h               |    3 +
>  include/nand.h                           |   14 +-
>  nand_spl/nand_boot.c                     |   28 +++-
>  delete mode 100644 board/bf537-stamp/nand.c
>  create mode 100644 drivers/mtd/nand/nand_plat.c

Applied, thanks. But please see above.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Beware of programmers carrying screwdrivers."      - Chip Salzenberg