[U-Boot] DUTS: missing pieces for a beginner

Niklaus Giger niklaus.giger at member.fsf.org
Fri Jul 31 10:18:18 CEST 2009

Hi Detlev
Am Donnerstag 30 Juli 2009 18.53:22 schrieb Detlev Zundel:
> Hi,
>
> > In spite of what I wrote earlier - the whole 'configuration' stuff
> > pivots on config/configs.tcl.  In here we have configuration
> > descriptions.  The _default must be first and initializes all "slots"
> > which can be overriden in subsequent duts_configs.
> >
> > So If you want to only swap in your operatios, do something in there
> > like:
> >
> > duts_config {
>
> That should be a "duts_config my_config {" of course :(
>
> >             cfg_device_ops "config/my_ops.tcl"
> > }
> >
> > and provide the config/my_ops.tcl.
>
> Then run "duts -c my_config ...".
>
> Cheers
>   Detlev
Thanks a lot. Now my TCL-Code is used.
But now I am having problems connecting. I think somehow the pipe|files are
getting messed up and/or that the power state is not correctly deternined.

I tried picocom and cu. With picocom I did see output, but duts kept
complaing that it had a timeout and couln't spawn DUTS: method
> '_device_connect_host' found, OK
>Selected config: ngiger
>List of selected test cases:
>UBootVersion
>
>confirm to start execution? [y]
>
>####################################
># running test case: UBootVersion
>####################################
>DUTS: current context: 'off', required by the TC: 'u-boot (firmware)'
>DUTS: Niklaus connect
>DUTS: ngiger _device_power_on /usr/local/bin/power
>DUTS: powered on, OK
>Connect to sequoia using command 'picocom  -b 115200 /dev/ttyUSB3 '.
>picocom v1.4
>
>port is        : /dev/ttyUSB3
>flowcontrol    : none
>baudrate is    : 115200
>parity is      : none
>databits are   : 8
>escape is      : C-a
>noinit is      : no
>noreset is     : no
>nolock is      : no
>send_cmd is    : ascii_xfr -s -v -l10
>receive_cmd is : rz -vv
>
>Terminal ready
>

>U-Boot 2009.01-rc1 (Dez 20 2008 - 17:09:46)
<..>
> ERROR: ngiger: powered_on ist yes timed out during connection to target
'sequoia'?!
Then I installed the cu package and tried it like this
>DUTS: Date is 073109322009
>DUTS: ../config exists
>DUTS: '../config' exists and accessible, OK
>DUTS: loading configs from ../config/configs.cfg
>DUTS: Loading config description: _default
>DUTS: validating: '../config/VL_uboot_context.tcl'
>DUTS: file exists and accessible, OK
>DUTS: validating: '../config/VL_linux_context.tcl'
>DUTS: file exists and accessible, OK
>DUTS: validating: '../config/VL_host_context.tcl'
>DUTS: file exists and accessible, OK
>DUTS: validating: '../config/VL_ops.tcl'
>DUTS: file exists and accessible, OK
>DUTS: Loading config description: ngiger
>DUTS: validating: '../config/ngiger_ops.tcl'
>DUTS: file exists and accessible, OK
>DUTS: loaded 2 config decriptions
>DUTS: method '_device_power_on' found, OK
>DUTS: method '_device_power_off' found, OK
>DUTS: method '_device_connect_target' found, OK
>DUTS: method '_device_connect_host' found, OK
>Selected config: ngiger
>List of selected test cases:
>UBootVersion
>
>confirm to start execution? [y]
>
>####################################
># running test case: UBootVersion
>####################################
>DUTS: current context: 'off', required by the TC: 'u-boot (firmware)'
>DUTS: Niklaus connect via 'cu -l /dev/ttyUSB3 -s 115200 powered_on' no
>
>ERROR: couldn't spawn 'connect'?!
A question here: while does duts sometimes connect even when the global
power_on status is no? Where does it get stored? I think my local procedure
is_powered_on in ngiger_ops.tcl never gets called.

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards

---
Niklaus Giger