[U-Boot] potential Uboot Ping problem

Steven Zedeck saz at proliphix.com
Mon Jun 1 16:34:46 CEST 2009

Hi,
It appears the ping in UBOOT is broken. The ping works fine if you have a
network connection. But if the network connection is disconnected the ping
hangs the system. There is no response to Control-C either. I have to power
cycle the proto to get back to a UBOOT prompt. Is this a known issue or did
I possibly break something?

I have a board based on the Atmel AT91SAM9RL-EK. My theory is that it "may"
be a generic problem with the uboot ping. I can't confirm that since the
only hardware I have is our protos.

Does anyone else have a board with another MAC/PHY that you can try this on?

As for UBOOT code, our environment is based on 2008.10 code. Our MAC/PHY is
the Microchip ENC28J60.

Thanks,
Steve