[U-Boot] PATCH: bugfix for nand erase failure with bad blocks

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jun 18 00:15:06 CEST 2009

Dear Scott,

In message <4A39685F.6030304 at freescale.com> you wrote:

> Hmm... perhaps check the alignment?  If "end" is supposed to be the last
> to-be-erased byte, not the first not-to-be-erased byte, then if the low
> bits are 0 it's a size (and gets a warning) and if they're 1 it's an end?

Stop here. Don't add fancy stuf that nobody expects.

Ask yourself what the end user expects - we all think of "erase"
preparing the grounds for "write", right? So both should work oin the
same NAND flash region when given the same arguments (offset and seze,
no matter how these are specified).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.