[U-Boot] mcf54455 evb ethernet tx timeouts

Matthew Lear matt at bubblegen.co.uk
Thu Jun 18 13:00:49 CEST 2009

Hi TsiChung,

I pulled U-Boot from git (2009.06-00185-g57fe301), configured it for the
Freescale mcf54455 EVB with Intel flash (M54455EVB_intel_config) and
programmed it into the Intel flash device. It boots fine but when it
attempts any ethernet communication whatsoever there are tx timeouts from
the FEC device. dhcp, tftp, ping commands etc do not work at all as a
result of this.

It seems that with this configuration of U-Boot for the 54455 EVB and my
current EVB hw, ethernet comms do not function at all. I have tried the
other ethernet port but there is no link detected.

I have also seen the tx timeout errors from the U-Boot contained within
LTIB (Freescale BSP). They occur infrequently and randomly but /only/ when
booting from the Intel flash part.

I'm reluctant to erase U-Boot resident in the Atmel flash to try U-Boot
from git as it's the only 100% reliable bootloader I've got on the board.

TsiChung - is this a known issue with the 54455 EVB hw?

Rgds,
--  Matt